This course is part of the Public Health Leadership Curriculum, created by the NYS Public Health Workforce Taskforce. To learn more, select My Assessments from the User Menu and the more info link for the Public Health Leadership competencies.
Instructor: Timothy Keogh, PhD
The purpose of this course is to focus on the communication skills you will need as a leader in a public health department. It is well known that having effective communication skills is crucial to managing staff and clients in a cooperative and functional manner, and that being able to clearly present ideas enhances career mobility. The communication elements discussed in this course are designed to provide insight into your professional and personal communication.
• Classify the impact of verbal and non-verbal communication
• Identify behavioral and communication styles
• Examine how we are seen by others
• Explain how different communication styles clash
• Describe how to adjust to the different communication styles
• Weigh the perspectives of others.
For more information on Managerial Communications:
search the course catalog for: SCP-1032