The NYLearnsPH.com Learning Management System (or L-M-S) is a web-based tool designed to facilitate the registration and tracking of learners in competency-based courses for staff in state, local public health and allied health agencies throughout New York.
The LMS allow Users (Learners) to search an online Course Catalog, enroll in courses, complete online quizzes, and track their continuing education. It even includes a self assessment tool to help you identify public health training opportunities relevant to your job role.
Online learning, it’s ready when you are.
The LMS currently hosts over 1,200 distance-based public health courses in a variety of formats to meet different learner's needs including webcasts and self-paced online courses and provides easy access to courses from many of the nation's leading public health content providers.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Learning Connection (CDC-LC)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
New York / New Jersey Public Health Training Center (NYNJ-PHTC)
University at Albany School of Public Health - Center for Public Health Continuing Education (UASPH-CPHCE)
Empire State Public Health Training Center (ESPHTC)
Lower New York State Public Health Training Center (LowerNYS-PHTC)
University at Albany Center for Public Health Preparedness (UACPHP)
Columbia University Regional Learning Center (CURLC/NCDP)
- South Central Partnership (SCP) including: Tulane, University of Alabama - Birmingham, and Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH)
- University of North Carolina (UNC, NCCPHP) and many more.
The LMS also offers many traditional, in-person, classroom courses including many of the core courses in the Basic Environmental Health Program, and some Health Emergency Preparedness Program training.
Continuing Education Programs (CEPs) including those required by Part 11 of the State Sanitary Code:
LMS is host to enrollment and tracking for CEPs including:
Basic Environmental Health Program (Mandated for NYS LHD Sanitarians and Environmental Health Technicians)
- Public Health Nurse Ready!
- The Public Health Educator Continuing Education Program (Mandated for NYS LHD staff in title.)
- The Public Health Nurse 2 Continuing Education Program (Mandated for NYS LHD staff in title.)
- Supervising Public Health Nurse Continuing Education Program (Mandated for NYS LHD staff in title.)
- Foundations in Public Health Certificate Program
- A flexible system to meet our common workforce development goals -
Whether you need training to meet the NYSDOH - Health Emergency Preparedness Program training requirements, or just want to catch up on the latest UAlbany SPH Public Health Live/T2B2 or UACPHP Grand Rounds webcasts... the NYLearnsPH.com provides easy access to the training you need, when you need it... Just in time!
Whether you are a learner (User), trainer (Training Admin), an administrator (Agency Admin), or all three, the NYLearnsPH.com LMS provides you with a single system to find, promote, manage and track enrollment and completion of competency-based coursework.
Regardless of your needs, we hope you find the NYLearnsPH.com LMS user-friendly and helpful.
For more information, or to arrange for training for your agency, please click on "Contact Us" in the User Menu on the left side of the screen.