This module (part of a series) was developed with content experts in the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s Office of School Health. This learning module describes the five steps in conducting an effective asthma assessment.
By the end of this module participants will be able to:
- Perform an initial visual assessment and differentiate between normal and abnormal presentations;
- Describe a focused history;
- Perform respiratory auscultation assessment, describe various breath sounds and distinguish between normal and abnormal breath sounds;
- Appraise respiratory status and recognize abnormal vital signs;
- Identify asthma triggers;
- Distinguish between controlled and not controlled asthma;
- Determine appropriate clinical disposition.
If you are seeking CNE credit for this webinar, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org after you have completed the post assessment. Please include your full name and course title in the email.
Reviewed June 30, 2020