Section end date has passed.
February 06, 2019 @ 10:00 - 12:00 - Webinar
2/6/2019 to 2/6/2019
Anne D'Angelo, MS RN
National Incident Management System: An Introduction
ICS-700 webinar session provides an overview of the National Incident Management System (NIMS). The National Incident Management System defines the comprehensive approach guiding the whole community - all levels of government, nongovernmental organizations (NGO), and the private sector - to work together seamlessly to prevent, protect against, mitigate, respond to, and recover from the effects of incidents. The course provides learners with a basic understanding of NIMS concepts, principles, and components.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe and identify the key concepts, principles, scope, and applicability underlying NIMS.
- Describe activities and methods for managing resources.
- Describe the NIMS Management Characteristics.
- Identify and describe Incident Command System (ICS) organizational structures.
- Explain Emergency Operations Center (EOC) functions, common models for staff organization, and activation levels.
- Explain the interconnectivity within the NIMS Management and Coordination structures: ICS, EOC, Joint Information System (JIS), and Multiagency Coordination Groups (MAC Groups).
- Identify and describe the characteristics of communications and information systems, effective communication, incident information, and communication standards and formats.
The course is intended for a wide audience of personnel which includes government executives, private-sector and nongovernmental organization (NGO) leaders, and emergency management practitioners, senior elected and appointed leaders, such as Federal department or agency heads, State Governors, mayors, tribal leaders, and city or county officials and other individuals with emergency management responsibilities including prevention, protection, response, recovery and mitigation.
This webinar can be used as a refresher of ICS-700 or to assist you in taking the IS-700.b online course/exam offered through the FEMA Training website. Completing the webinar alone does not meet the requirements for completing ICS-700. You will still need to take the exam offered through FEMA to receive a certificate of completion for ICS700. Once you have passed the test offered at www.training.fema.gov, you will receive an email with a certificate of completion attached. Please print two copies of the certificate- one for your records and one for your organization's Emergency Preparedness Coordinator.
POST TEST INSTRUCTIONS - FEMA CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
In order to receive official FEMA certification in ICS-700 students must take the FEMA Final Exam via link provided. Please note that the IS Program now requires a FEMA SID to be used instead of your SSN. If you do not have a SID, register for one here.
IS-700.b Final Exam