New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH)
PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO COMPLETE COURSE
The PREP Act allows the Secretary of the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to issue a declaration that extends liability protections to entities and individuals who manufacture, distribute, or administer covered medical countermeasures against a public health threat or emergency.
The following training and supervision requirements exist for PREP Act protections (unless separately authorized by SLTTs or under the regular scope of practice).
- Documentation of completion of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 Vaccine Training (https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/training.html) and other training required by the SLTTs where the vaccine is being administered
- Documentation of an observation period by a currently practicing healthcare professional experienced in administering intramuscular injections
- Current certification in basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Students must also be supervised by a currently practicing healthcare professional experienced in administering intramuscular injections
- Pharmacists, pharmacy interns, pharmacy technicians and pharmacy students must also complete a practical training program that is approved by the ACPE as well as a minimum of two hours of ACPE-approved immunization-related continuing pharmacy education during each state licensing period
For more information on the PREP Act, please visit https://www.phe.gov/emergency/events/COVID19/Documents/covid19-vaccination-wrkfrc-factsheet-508.pdf